Job Title: Lifeguards – YMCA
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Lifeguards deliver excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants; maintain cleanliness, safety and organization of the Aquatics Center; creates a positive atmosphere that promotes member engagement, and ensures safety of all members and participants.
- Connects with members and provides assistance when needed.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action when needed.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y contributing to member retention.
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members.
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area by following guidelines for scanning the pool area. Constant attention to the Aquatics Center is required.
- Learn, know and enforce all pool policies, rules and regulations consistently, fairly and firmly to all patrons using the Aquatics Center.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and the State Health Dept. code.
- Never leave the pool deck unattended. During the 5 minute break, Wellness Floor Staff will be on the deck. Do not leave for break until they have arrived.
- Learn, know and follow all the opening and closing procedures for the pool.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
PAID TRAINING PROVIDED
Employer: La Porte County Family YMCAApply Now