Job Title: Summer Intern
Date Posted: May 21, 2020
The City of La Porte is an equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). For more
information about the City of La Porte, visit our website at
The Summer Intern assists the Park Department in a variety of ways and
fulfills necessary components of internship.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
• Working with the public in customer relations, event management
and/or program implementation.
• Providing support for a variety of summer programs, ranging from
supervision to filling in for regular staff.
• Planning and staffing summer events.
• Completing projects assigned in accordance with field of study and
requirements of internship, in a timely fashion.
• Attending staff meetings.
• Making recommendations to the Park and Recreation Department
(Park Superintendent and/or Recreation Director) as needed in regard
to the operation of the program.
• Maintaining safety and administering basic first aid.
• Other duties as assigned.
— High school diploma or high school equivalence (HSE) and/or college
focus in recreation, elementary education, physical fitness or a related
field. Must be 18 years of age or older.
— Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, able to follow deadlines, able
to juggle multiple tasks, takes initiative and able to manage own workload.
— Proficiency in Microsoft Office
— Maintain First Aid & CPR Certifications.
— Valid Driver’s License.
Interested candidates should submit a completed City of La Porte
Employment Application to Pamela Carroll, Recreation Director by email
to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can be obtained at the Park
Office 250 Pine Lake Avenue, La Porte, Indiana, Human Resource
Department, City Hall, 801 Michigan Avenue, La Porte, Indiana,
or online at www.cityoflaporte.com.
Employer: City of La Porte Park and Recreation DepartmentApply Now